This page provides a selection of key GDI papers.
GDI Phase 3 Papers
Please visit the VCA Registry for current information on establishing a marketplace for Verified Conservation. It includes the VCA Standard and the VCA Toolkit.
GDI Phase 2 Papers
Information Document for the CBD WGRi4
– April 2012 – Contains the BioAreas Reference Guide, the working paper on the Business Case for BioAreas, and the reports of GDI4 and GDI3
Working Papers for the 4th GDI Expert Meeting
These papers were drafted in preparation for the 4th GDI Expert Meeting which took place in March 2012 in Sao Paulo.
Working Papers for the 3rd GDI Expert Meeting
These working papers were prepared to support the development of the GDI Reference Guide. They served as the background documents for the 3rd Expert Meeting on the GDI, which took place in October 2011 in Nairobi.
01 Addressing land issues and green development
– Explores the critical issue of land tenure and best practices
02 Guidance for establishing green development certification
– Provides guidance for development of a standard and certification scheme
03 Establishing green development principles and criteria
-Suggests a set of outcome and operational principles
04 Potential demand for green development certification
– Explores the business case for financing
05 Green development certification vis-à-vis other modalities
– Looks at linkages to other biodiversity-relevant financing modalities
06 Prototype green development guidance for a project information note
– Initial guidance for a Management Authority interested in certification
07 Prototype green development certification reference guide
– A rough start to a comprehensive certification guide
– Answers to 20 frequently asked questions about the GDI
GDI Phase 1 Papers
For infomation on key papers and documents produced during Phase 1 from CBD COP9 in May 2008 to CBD COP10 in October 2010, please go to: http://earthmind.org/gdm/documents/.