The area is part of a large piece of land surrounding an old house that was bought by a successful tradesman in 1768 and then split several times between its heirs. The last division dates back to 2006. The property has benefited from a rather constant management where agriculture, forestry, landscape and hunting have traditionally played an important role. Though, the landscape has evolved a lot for the last two centuries. Major changes occurred in the XIXth century where several small woods were planted (often with hybrid poplars, spruces, larches) and some meadows were drained. Some of those small meadows were later afforested (late XIXth or early XXth century). Only a part of the woods were mapped as woodland on the Count de Ferraris’ map (1760’s).