Voluntary Conservation Commitments
By registering a Verified Conservation Area, you will be publicly confirming that your area is being managed to conserve nature.
Be recognised for restoring, preserving, maintaining, sustainable using, and enhancing the natural environment.
Make a voluntary commitment to helping to conserve our planet, hectare by hectare.
The VCA Registry has four levels of recognition:
- Champion VCA – (Gold) – Awarded after 5 years of audited conservation performance reports or 10 years of confirmed reports
- Audited VCA – (Silver) – Conservation management plan, annual conservation performance reports, and audits of the plan and reports
- Confirmed VCA – (Bronze) – Conservation management plan, a letter of support, and annual conservation performance reports
- Proposed VCA – Proposal to submit a conservation management plan and a letter of support
The registration process is straightforward:
- To register your area as a VCA, submit an area-based conservation management plan.
- To remain registered, submit conservation performance reports annually.
For added assurance, a VCA can be independently audited and listed as an Audited VCA.
For Confirmed or Proposed VCAs, a letter of support is also required.
The requirements for registering a VCA are set out in the:
A VCA Guidance document and much more guidance on area-based conservation is available in our Library:
Please email your registration documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or upload your documents here: Register online >>
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.
We look forward to recognising your voluntary commitment to conserving our planet!